Ask The Doula:
An afternoon workshop with
Area Yoga/Area Birth
144 Montague St.
Saturday, February 18th
3:30 to 5:30pm.
Thank you for your interest in our Area Birth workshop: Ask The Doula.
We have designed this afternoon to be a delightful interactive experience in which you (and your partner) can educate and envision the birth of your baby both in personal and practical aspects.
- You took a Childbirth Education course, yet still have specific questions.
- Your doctor had only made mention of certain topics, and you would like elaboration.
- You want further information about hospital protocols and which procedures are mandatory, optional or elective.
- You would like the time to explore your own personal preferences, and to the time to design a “birth plan”
- You would like to know what type of support you will need during labor and delivery,
and who can provide it.
- And finally, you would like to be in the company of your partner and/or peers to explore your journey with our expert professional doula and Childbirth Educator, Julia Arenson, and emerge with greater confidence and empowerment.
Many of you know Julia Arenson as our wonderful Prenatal Yoga teacher, here at Area Yoga.
Julia is also a DONA certified doula, who has assisted in scores of births in most of NYC’s
hospitals. She is also a Childbirth Educator candidate, a certified Postpartum Doula, a mother, a teacher, and a dedicated professional with a unique heartfelt accessibility.
This workshop is sure to position you, your partner, and baby to achieve your best possible birth
experience, and to instill a sense of assurance and comfort with whatever the future holds.
And then…...you will be holding your baby!
Consult the list above, and if you have checked off even one, please join us at the studio:
Area Yoga/Area Birth 144 Montague St. on Saturday, February 18th, from 3:30 to 5:30pm.
The cost is $25 for one person and $45 for a pair.
All people, relationships, and configurations are welcomed and encouraged!
All trimesters of pregnancy are invited….particularly valuable for second and third tri’s, and a must for those in their last weeks or days of pregnancy! Snacks and social time provided!
How to Enroll:
At any Area Yoga desk
By writing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
By phoning or texting me, Jody at 718-624-5489
Bring your questions and notepad. And feel free to write me any of your questions so that we
guage our content. This part is not necessary, and so much can be learned through the questions of others.
Format will be: Discussion, Q&A, and snacks and share.
Love to see you for a joyous and informative afternoon of education, empowerment, and community.
Jody Caravaglia LMT
Director Area Birth